Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Latest topics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

Shopmotion

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riley Keough Fan Forum » RILEY KEOUGH » Riley's Movies & T.V. series » "THE RUNAWAYS" by Floria Sigismondi

"THE RUNAWAYS" by Floria Sigismondi

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
I love I Am Sam
I have it
It was her first major role
She was so cuteee, so young yet so talented!
I've always thought she would win an oscar one day
Can't wait to see Riley and her on the big screen!

Graceland

Making Magic
Making Magic
When I heard Riley was going to be in the film with Dakota, I was so excited. It was an added bonus. I can't wait for it to come out. I'll definetly buy it.

Yada

Admin
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://simplyriley.com

Yada

Admin
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KozyKitten wrote:Enjoy Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

KozyKitten

I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here
Enjoy Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Last edited by KozyKitten on 17.10.09 17:19; edited 1 time in total

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozykitten68/

Yada

Admin
Admin
Very Happy Thank you Dora.. Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you here Smile

KozyKitten

I'm A Regular Here
I'm A Regular Here
You are most welcome.

So glad to be here. Cheering

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
~KozyKitten~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kozykitten68/

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
I JUST found out that Cherie and Marie were twins!
I just thought they were sisters and I thought I read somewhere that Marie was older
It made sense coz Riley is a few years older then Dakota
So Riley and Dkota are playing twins!
Wow! I had no idea, lol

lilsurprises

Funny, because I didnt realize that Dakota is so young! ...only 15! thats shocking!

Yada

Admin
Admin
Somewhere here, you can watch the 'teaser trailer' apperantly! If someone can manage to watch it, would they please post it here, too? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The first poster

Plot:
ďA coming-of-age biopic about í70s teenage band The Runaways.Ē

Cast:
- Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett, co-founding member and rhythm guitarist of the band.
- Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie, the bandís lead vocalist.
- Scout Taylor-Compton as Lita Ford, the bandís lead guitarist.
- Stella Maeve as Sandy West, co-founding member and drummer of the band.
- Hannah Marks as Tammy, the bandís groupie.
- Alia Shawkat as Robin, the bandís fictional bassist.
- Riley Keough, as Marie Currie, identical twin sister of Cherie Currie (although portrayed as fraternal twins in the film).
- Michael Shannon as Kim Fowley, the bandís manager and producer.
- Keir OíDonnell as Rodney Bingenheimer, radio DJ.

franchini

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
First teaser trailer for the movie, now on youtube:

Yada

Admin
Admin
franchini, thanks for the heads-up.. Did you mean this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
I don't know if those have been posted before (I'm new), but i thought i would post them...
I'm sorry if you already know them!

On Set with Dakota, June 21, 2009

On Set with Dakota, June 23, 2009

On Set with Dakota, July 22, 2009

Yada

Admin
Admin
Don't worry sweet, you can post as many photos as you like.. Only except the photos from Riley's own facebook or myspace or twitter account.. They are considered to be private photos Wink but that's all. Anything else is allowed
Very Happy Thank you so very much for these links.. I think most of them have been posted in the Riley Photos board. But as I said, it doesn't matter how many times we see them.. Thank you for posting and joining the forum

Yada

Admin
Admin
The Runaways is coming out March 19, 2010!!! yay!
Apparently, the band cast did their own vocals rather than lip sync.

And here is a link where you can download the movie, apparently! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
Ah, thank you, your so kind! Smile
and thanks for the link.... Razz

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
There are many new Stills an one new Clip... Riley is NOT in it, but I thought you guys might find it interesting...

Stills

lilsurprises

new promo stills of The Runaways...... no Riley though, darn it! ..but Dakota looks great. (scroll down)

Yada

Admin
Admin
Photos In Interview Magazine that interviewed Joan Jett about the upcoming film The Runaways. Kristen Stewart plays Joan Jett in the film. Joan was asked about working with Kristen.

franchini

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
There's a larger version of that first picture:

Source: dfanningsource.com

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
Wow, thats cool!
Love it...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

roza

Can't Stop Postin'
Can't Stop Postin'
Has the film been shown in Europe as well?

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
roza wrote:Has the film been shown in Europe as well?

No, and as far as I know there is no international release date....

There's a new TV spot, and I think you can see riley for a glimpse of a second...

You can find it here, just scroll down... HERE.

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

lilsurprises

here's a couple caps from the video trailer.......

lilsurprises

here's a couple pics that Floria Sigismondi (the director of the film) took while on set..and was shown for the childrens benefit she was at recently....

Jac

A New Face
A New Face
lilsurprises wrote:Funny, because I didnt realize that Dakota is so young! ...only 15! thats shocking!
Yep I knew she was that young. Actually lil I think she's 16 now. But still so surprising to see her in those clips as Cherie. She has done a lot more grown up roles. I loved her in secret life of bees. I do think Riley and Dakota look as if they could be related. I like the choice of making them siblings in the picture. I had no clue that Dakota's full name was Hannah Dakota fanning until someone pointed out that both Riley and Dakota go by their middle names. I think that's cute.

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
I found a video with new stills, but sadly they are tagged.... anyways, here they are:

...and here's the vid...click~

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

Yada

Admin
Admin
These screen captions are from riley-keough.net. I rescaled them out of respect for whoever cut them. If you want to see them larger, you can see them in their gallery

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
Riley Keough follows in granddad Elvis' movie footsteps

By John Beifuss (Contact), GoMemphis.com
Friday, April 23, 2010

"Is it a sausage?" a Time magazine writer asked in 1956, reviewing Elvis Presley's debut as a movie star in "Love Me Tender." "It certainly is smooth and damp-looking, but whoever heard of a 172-pound sausage, 6 feet tall?

"Is it a Walt Disney goldfish? It has the same sort of big, soft, beautiful eyes and long curly lashes, but whoever heard of a goldfish with sideburns?"

Presley's granddaughter, Riley Keough, may have big Elvis eyes, but she has not had to endure harsh treatment from critics for her performance in her first motion picture, the fact-based rock-and-roll saga "The Runaways," now in its third week at Malco's Ridgeway Four and Studio on the Square.

"It was my first audition," said Keough, 20, in a phone interview from her Los Angeles home. "I got lucky."

The 5-foot-7 Keough -- the first of Lisa Marie Presley's four children and a veteran fashion magazine and runway model -- is sympathetic and convincing in the role of the frustrated Marie Currie, whose love and loyalty become tainted with envy as she watches her little sister, Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning), and Cherie's new friend, Joan Jett (Kristen Stewart), find fame and heartache in 1970s all-girl "jailbait" band The Runaways.

Although Keough appears in the film only intermittently, she is the story's fourth major player, behind Fanning, Stewart and Michael Shannon (who plays the band's sleazy manager, Kim Fowley). It's no surprise this professional clothes horse is comfortable in her character's vintage Southern California fashions, in front of director Floria Sigismondi's camera; what's impressive is the maturity and working-girl normalcy Keough brings to the movie's least glamorous if arguably most attractive character. (In the film, Kim Fowley taunts Cherie by calling Marie her "better-looking" older sister.)

"I got to spend a lot of time with (the real-life) Marie, and she was happy with the performance, and that's all I really cared about," Keough said. "We still keep in touch."

Born in Los Angeles, Danielle Riley Keough is the first of the two children Lisa Marie Presley had with her first husband, musician Danny Keough.

Lisa Marie next married pop star Michael Jackson, then actor Nicolas Cage; with her fourth husband, guitarist Michael Lockwood, she gave birth to twins in 2008. "It's massive!" Keough said of her family.

Growing up with such famous connections, "There were definitely things I got to experience that normal kids don't experience," Keough said. "I traveled and got to do so many incredible things as a child, because of my family situation. I don't have any bad childhood memories, actually."

Embracing her status as pop-culture royalty, Keough posed in 2004 alongside her mother and grandmother, Priscilla Presley, for a Vogue magazine cover by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz. She admits, however, that the Presley connection, for all its advantages, can be a double-edged sword. "It makes me feel like I won't be taken seriously, sometimes."

Occasionally teased as a kid because of Elvis, Keough said her awareness of her grandfather's popularity and significance "has been pretty much a constant thing my whole life, from the day I was born. I was definitely interested in it when I was younger; I would ask a lot of questions. I'd go through times when I was really curious."

Now, however, she said she can't pick a top Elvis song because "I'm sort of biased -- it's sort of hard to have favorites." Growing up, she was a frequent visitor to Graceland with her mom, especially at Christmas. The trips to Memphis have been less frequent in recent years, however.

Despite the often dismissive early reviews, Elvis became one of Hollywood's top box office draws, and now is generally regarded as a solid actor saddled with unchallenging scripts. Keough said this isn't a cautionary example for her because she is under no pressure to accept movie roles.

"I mostly just think, 'What kinds of movies do I want to do?' I love making movies. I mean, I want a family, and to be happy, but I hope to continue making movies."

She said Dakota Fanning was an on-set role model, even though Fanning is five years younger than Keough. "Watching her was helpful, because she's just so professional, even in between takes. I didn't really know anything about 'marks' (the designated place on a set where an actor is supposed to stop for the camera) or anything, so I learned by watching her."

Keough described herself as "naturally introverted and shy," which might surprise anybody who's seen her Victoria's Secret modeling poses. She said her shyness doesn't extend to posing but to the more intimate requirements of acting, particularly the audition and rehearsal processes, which require others to watch, critique and perhaps even reject your work.

"I did theater in school, but I was so shy. ... Acting class terrified me. So I've tried to do without it."

Whatever she's doing, it seems to be working: Keough already has finished her second film, "The Good Doctor," which promotes her to a lead character, opposite Orlando Bloom and Taraji P. Henson.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
Just wondering, has anyone seen the film yet? If so, how was it?

Froukje

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
Thanks, cool photo! But; Keough described herself as "naturally introverted and shy," which might surprise anybody who's seen her Victoria's Secret modeling poses.
She didn't pose/walk for VS right?

Yada

Admin
Admin
Thanks for the updates. The movie is not in Ireland, yet. When it is here, I will go and see it
Froukje, she didn't do VS. It was not Riley.. More info can be found here:

franchini

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
^^ Thanks for posting that interview! Smile

I always find it funny how those VS pictures still are sometimes thought of as being Riley, when they're actually of Caroline Trentini.

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
I don't even think Caroline and Riley look alike. They look similar but they are clearly not the same person!!!

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
I don't know if you allow this, but I found a clip on youtube that shows a scene from the movie with Riley.

You can see it here:

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

Yada

Admin
Admin
Thanks, sweetchild. It's a nice addition to the page Wink

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
you're welcome.

No, finally there is a release date for the Runaways DVD!

~~

The Runaways DVD comes out July 20th!
The Runaways (2010)
Starring: Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning Director: Floria Sigismondi Rating: R (Restricted) Format: DVD

List Price: $27.96
Price: $19.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $7.97 (29%)
Special Offers Available
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
This title will be released on July 20, 2010.

~~

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

roza

Can't Stop Postin'
Can't Stop Postin'
Where is the dvd released? USA?

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
Yes, in the US. You can buy it on Amazon here.

But the movie will come to Britain to the cinemas in August. But there is no date yet.

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

Froukje

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
I found a link where you can watch The Runaways online (and for free)! : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm so happy right now! The movie didn't come out here (I live in The Netherlands), so I didn't see it yet. I already saw that Riley is in the first scenes!

lilsurprises

wow thats awesome Froukje! thanks! I saw this still of the movie, and thought it was kinda cool of kristen and dakota....

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
Thanks so much Froukje. I just watched the movie and it was greatttttttt! Riley is in it a lot more than I thought. She did such a good job. So did Kristen and Dakota. Good on them Very Happy

sweet'child

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
A small pictures update.
1 new HQ Still: here
and screencapps from the movie: here

Riley & Elvis
my favorite Presleys

Yada

Admin
Admin
That's cool! Thanks sweetchild. The movie is not out in Ireland, yet. I wonder it will ever. If it comes out on DVD however, I'll be buying it Smile

Gemini

A New Face
A New Face
I saw the movie. Riley was awesome! She was like, the only normal person in there!

Froukje

Make Me Famous
Make Me Famous
New still. I already saw it in a youtube video, but here it is HQ:

Yada

Admin
Admin
Thanks, Froukje, you are a star! Smile

Bailey

I Cannes Do It
I Cannes Do It
they really look alike in this photo!

lilsurprises

awesome picture!!!!! Very Happy

lilsurprises

New UK Poster, and Trailer for the Runaways.....it shows a little more then the U.S. ones....

Check it out here:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2