Riley Keough Fan Forum
Riley Keough Fan Forum

For, and by her fans. Online since 2008

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Riley Keough Fan Forum on your social bookmarking website

Shopmotion

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riley Keough Fan Forum » RILEY KEOUGH » Riley's Movies & T.V. series » "AMERICAN HONEY" by Andrea Arnold

"AMERICAN HONEY" by Andrea Arnold

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Riley plays "krystal"

A teenage girl with nothing to lose joins a traveling magazine sales crew, and gets caught up in a whirlwind of hard partying, law bending and young love as she criss-crosses the Midwest with a band of misfits.

This was so unexpected! She is working on so many projects, wow! And her co-star is Shia LaBeouf

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
oh wow! good find! this came out of nowhere 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Yada

Admin
Admin
That's the beauty of our little community here, keough!
We appreciate all active members here.. it would never be fan community without you guys! thank you! family

It's so exciting, we have a budding actress who is very versatile in her movie roles! it's so exciting to be her fan! loving it!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://simplyriley.com

Graceland

Making Magic
Making Magic
This is brilliant news. It's great that she's doing so well with her movies.

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
well this is an interesting group of characters. glad to see she's back filming that after girlfriend experience

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
An interview with the set decorator

WILLISTON — For the past couple weeks, there has been nothing but rumors and sightings of the production for the upcoming movie, American Honey starring Shia Laboeuf. It’s a film about a teenage girl with nothing to lose, who joins a traveling magazine sales crew, and gets caught up in a whirlwind of hard-partying, law bending and young love as she criss-crosses the midwest with a band of misfits, according to its IMDB page.
Graham Wichman is a set decorator for the production and was given the opportunity to work with some of the members of our community in bringing to life, American Honey.
Willistonian Cyndy Aafedt gave Wichman the connections needed in gathering the props needed for the production.
“We went and drove through alleys looking everywhere; it was really fun. It reminded me of growing up in Williston,” Aafedt said. “Sometimes I feel like I don’t know anyone in Williston but then it brought back all of these memories and it was so much fun to reflect, and to have that North Dakota knock on the door back. It reminded me again of how friendly it was.”
Wichman explained that without Aafedt’s help, the search for the props needed would’ve been a very difficult task.
“We shot at an abandoned farmhouse; it was supposed to show the cast finding a house that was abandoned. This was the first time they have a home where they all feel comfortable. We found this empty location, and we had to make it homey and inviting to these kids,” Wichman said. “It was challenging to find old antiques and props. There was 5 or 6 people who loaned me their furniture. It was really cool to have historical furniture from local people in our sets.”
Among those the set decorators borrowed props from was Darin Henderson, Henderson, President of the Frontier Museum.
“Our experience with them was positive; they were excited to see the items that we have,” Henderson said. “They are all very pleasant, appreciative.” They borrowed a variety of items such as an old book case, and an old immigrant trunk that can be found in this area.
Henderson also said that Wichman, along with the other set decorators, had shared they were looking for items that may have been abandoned in the early 1920’s.
When asked how important it is when choosing the props for the sets, Wichman said, “It is important. We call it a set dressing, the furniture — anything you can get — it is important what you see, it’s the characters’ world you create. It sets the emotional tone for the movie.”
When in the first stages of the production for American Honey, Wichman explained it was a ‘road trip’ filming situation. They first began in Oklahoma, then through Missouri, Nebraska and then Williston.
In recent days, the set decorators have set off for the next shooting location near Rapid City, SD.
“Williston was the most interesting because of the oil aspect, and the farmers,” Wichman said. “It is interesting to see them juxtaposed together and to find furniture that would describe them was amazing.”

Sweet Caroline

A New Face
A New Face
Shia LeBeouf was injured on the set of 'American Honey' this past week while doing a stunt of going through a plate glass window.

The injury to his head required stiches and staples.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First time on using a 'link' - hope it works.

Yada

Admin
Admin
Damn, the injury looks very bad.Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Some of the public comments are so rude

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
thankfully he appears to be doing okay. he had a bandage on his finger two days ago, but nothing on his head anymore and was off rapping at a local swimming hole in south dakota! tough guy.

Yada

Admin
Admin
Good, thanks for the update!
He refuses to use stunts, obviously. I hope he breaks it big

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
from these behind the scenes pics, this movie reminds me of Dixieland,no? But I'm sure it will be totally different

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
Oh and the tattoos they made are true, Riley still has the "nope" and "071" on her arm!

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
judy, i felt the same way since i saw any of the first photos. i know it's a totally different plot, but riley really does look very similar in character style for both films. really curious what her character for this will be as i believe sasha is the lead role.

Yada

Admin
Admin
We need to discuss her tattoos in more details! She seems to have more and more
She's so slim. I have never come across her saying she does any sort of exercise!
Any ideas?

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
I've found the list of the main characters, and as Keough said before, Sasha is the main role. I believe Riley is Krystal and Shia is Jake:
STAR
(Lead) 18, Female. A runaway, tomboy girl from a small town in America. Wild energy. Free-spirited and foul-mouthed.

JAKE
(Lead) 22, Male. Magnetic, charming and daring. Physical and energetic. Could sell anything to anyone.

KRYSTAL
(Supporting) 23, Female. Strong, streetwise, a bit seductive; money-minded.

PAGAN
(Supporting) 19, Female. Quiet. Expert on STAR WARS.

COREY
(Supporting) 19, Male. Loud-mouthed, very inappropriate daredevil.

SEAN
(Supporting) 17, Male. Big, All-American. Kind-hearted. Has a learning disability.

And then I've found an audition an actress did this may for the role of Krystal:

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
Yep! Sasha is Star, Shia is Jake, Riley is Krystal, supposedly Arielle Holmes is Pagan ( not really sure on that one ), MCCaul Lombardi is Corey and Kory Tucker is Sean

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
I've found these two photos of the crew filming, there's no Riley, they were shooting a scene with Sasha Lane (love that girl!Smile )

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
Thanks! Sasha seems awesome and looks like she and Shia might've bonded quite a bit on set

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
Maybe this movie will be in competition in may at the Cannes film festival!!
And, as i follow Sasha's snapchat, i saw that they were dubbing it last week

Yada

Admin
Admin
Thanks for all the updates, judy!
I don't know much about this new thing called snap chat.. But I intend to find out blush

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
I hope it's something that releases allover. Would love to see it

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
It's going to Cannes!!

Next is Andrea Arnold's "American Honey." Sasha Lane, Shia LaBeouf and Riley Keough, the story follows Star, a teenage girl from a troubled home, who runs away with a travelling sales crew that drives across the American mid-west selling Magazine subscriptions door to door. Finding her feet in this gang of teenagers, she soon gets into the group's lifestyle of hard partying, law-bending and young love.

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
Nod Nod Nod
and she will be there with most of her friends since also abbey lee, kristen stewart and bella heathcote have a film in competition!

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
I've found out that also Abbey Lee auditioned for this role a couple of years ago, maybe she auditioned for the same role of Riley, the video says "Katrina" but maybe they changed the name of the character later   Cool

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
the official poster!

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
In a few minutes in Cannes it will begin the first screening of this movie only for the press! I can only imagine how Sasha is nervous, but i'm sure it will have wonderful reviews!

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
For the moment it had VERY mixed reviews. It was even booed by some while other said it was great. Gonna post tomorrow some of the reactions! A man who just saw it wrote to me on Twitter saying that riley's performance was "soooo amazing"

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel
it's cool to get a better idea of what her character is from the reviews! very excited to learn more about this film. looks like it'll release in the us on October 29

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
First official clip

lilsurprises

the crew talking about the film.. scroll down the page and watch video

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
If you scroll down and search for the video of the opening ceremony, at 24:33 they show a very short new clip of the movie (no riley)

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
There are so many amazing reviews for this movie we should open a topic only for them! Some of them are really enthusiastic and they describe it like a movie that will be remembered! They are calling it the masterpiece of Arnold and rumors say that George Miller (the main jury) loved it! Really hope this will win big! And they say Riley is fantastic in it as the boss of the group and that her character deserves her own story!

Yada

Admin
Admin
Judy, good idea. You can start the review topic for this movie! I'm looking forward to reading those!

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
Riley talking about the movie here

"one of the most brilliant films i've seen in a long time" and talking about her co-stars "to say that we got close is un understatement"

keough

Rebel Rebel
Rebel Rebel

we have a trailer!
so looking forward to this

Yada

Admin
Admin
Love, love it! All the energy coming from all the actors. Riley is such a kick-ass! She's done great, from what I saw here!

Yada

Admin
Admin

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie

Yada

Admin
Admin
It says the site cannot be reached..
Is it one of the interviews on our website? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

judy

Riley Groupie
Riley Groupie
Amazing news!!!! Riley is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for the Spirit Awards!!! Also Sasha and Shia got nominated...this is one of the most important awards ahead of the Oscar, hope she will win!

Yada

Admin
Admin
I know!! I saw the tweets, I'm so glad she got nominated. She's deserved it for especially last two roles of hers!
Thank you, judy for posting the news!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum